every Fortress must have a Journal . . .

Click on any image or slideshow to view full-sized images.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Bookmark found in a translation of Hesiod


I've pixelated this lady's middle initial and last name out of respect for las almas de los fieles difuntos. Those of you who can read what it says can click on the image for a closer look.

I can't remember specifically, but I was surely there at the funeral and helped with the arrangements in different ways. I was working at the Mortuary at the time.

My income from the University of Arizona covered the rent. That was all. If I wanted to eat, too, I had to have a second job. I should recount some Mortuary stories here sometime.

Reading the text makes me think of religious practice as a rehearsal for showing reverence to people who own lots of land. Marx was wrong about almost everything. Nobody can be wrong all the time.

No comments: